Here’s a size chart for what solar panels you need by size of RV/van/camper & how many Dakota Lithium batteries you have.
Size of RV | # of Batteries | Recommended Solar Panel Capacity
- 10′-14′ | 1x DL 100 Ah | 100-115-Watt Rooftop
- 15′-20′ | 1-2x DL 100 Ah | 150-170-Watt Rooftop
- 21′-30′ | 2x DL 100 Ah | 300 watt rooftop
- 31′-40′ | 2-4x DL 100 Ah | 500-600 watt rooftop
- 40’+ | 4-8x DL 100 Ah | 700-1100 watt rooftop
A deep dive on how to choose a battery for RVs/vans/campers is available here. More on lithium batteries and solar panel efficiency is available here.
An example of 500 watts of rooftop solar. Three larger 150 watt panels plus one smaller 50 watt solar panel on the roof of this RV generates more than enough power for the 4 Dakota Lithium house batteries they are charging.